Bookmark and Share

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Updates on Using Babyplus Products

Hi! This post has moved to

I have been using the Babyplus for the past few weeks (refer to these two posts for reference) and time to time, I would keep track and observed if the product has any effects on the little one. After I had found out her position (I am currently at 32 weeks); I decided to strap it near my chest instead of mid-abdomen (I will explain why in another post soon) and had been doing so for weeks. This is even though I found out that her head has been down for the longest time.

There is this chart, which can be found on the Babyplus website,  which details the number of days you can use for the span of each module before the birth of your child.  The main aim of this chart is to finish the 16 modules before the birth and if your birth is delayed, all you need to do is to continue playing the 16th module (which I believe is the Mozart) continuously till your little one arrives.

The thing about this Babyplus is that you are supposed to play it at the same hour and time everyday in order to get the optimal effects. Well, it's not that easy for me to do so. I tried my best to play once in the morning and once in the evening - though they may not necessarily be at the same time. Sometimes I even forget.



Yet, I do have to admit that I do take note of certain things before playing the product and I do observe certain patterns whenever it is played.

1) First, I make sure that she is awake
I read somewhere in a post (which I can't remember) that someone commented that playing the product without knowing if the child is awake or asleep within may irritate him/her instead. This may cause her to become aggressive. I am not sure if this is really true but I wasn't going to take any chances. I have already observed the patterns of the little one (e.g. morning - is her taiji class, afternoon is nap time unless she's hungry then she will start jabbing and night - 8 pm is warm up and  2 am onwards is time to do breakdance), so I made sure that she has to be awake first before I even started. That's when I strap it on and goes into a trance as it starts pounding for one hour (yes, after a while... the pounding will get to you even though you try to distract yourself by doing something else).

2) I try to place it near my Chest to compete with my Heartbeat
Though it was not stated by anyone or by Babyplus that one is supposed to place it there, I do because as stated in my earlier post - your body and voice will produce the loudest sounds for the baby in the womb. And what is the aim of this learning product? The baby is supposed to differentiate the heartbeat rhythms it produced from your heartbeat and there is where he/she is supposed to learn.

3) I observe if there are any movements
To be truthful, her responses are quite sporadic whenever I use the product. Sometimes she will kick abit, sometimes she will just hiccup, sometimes she just just give a nudge, many times she just listen without moving. I am not sure if she is really trying to tell me to turn it off but can't do so and is resigned to her fate.

At this moment, while I really love to give a detailed conclusion to the effects of Babyplus... I can't. She's not out yet but when she does... I will be giving a detailed report as much as I can.

Disclaimer: Her responses may or may not be the work of Babyplus. It could be due to our genes as well!!
here! Please update your bookmarks. Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment! Everyone has an opinion - even if our opinions differs (as long as it does not become personal!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...